In this workshop you will design and sew a leather sheath for your knives or tools.
- see above right at "Dates".
(please choose above which course date)
Time: 1-5 p.m.
Costs: CHF 180.- incl. standard material
max. 3 participants
Location: OUTDOOOWERK GmbH, Ghöchstrasse 161, 8498 Gibswil
- wishes and ideas of the participants are presented
- possible solutions, different leather, fastening techniques are presented
- form and technics are determined
- fixing dimensions
- create paper template
- cut leather
- test function
- training in joining techniques: riveting, sewing by hand (saddle seam), machine seam
- grinding to measure
- finishing, planing edges
- edge sealing
- brand stamp (those who want)
- final inspection
- questions about knives and sheaths
- (guided tour of OUTDOORWERK workshops, if desired and time)
Please send in advance by email:
- Photo of the knife (top view)
- Sketch of the desired sheath (photo)
- Type of sheath: sheath (held by friction) or with strap/push button?
- Joining technique: Hand sewn, riveting, both? machine sewn (experience has shown that machine sewn is too difficult for the participants)
- Attachment to belt: yes/no, strap, clip? Draw on sketch
- sketches, ideas, pictures, examples of the case you want to build
- knives for which it is to be built
- if necessary special, own mounting clips, which you would like to have
- work clothing